A question that is increasingly common amongst inquisitive new players curious about Sanwa's line of popular joysticks, is the meaning behind the names used to identify each model.
There is a dissection of model letters to represent the joystick series
Let's look at this example:
- JLF = Joystick Lever "F". Representing the 6th in the series of Sanwa joysticks.
- TP = Microswitch PCB
- 8Y = Four Microswitches on 1 base without mounting plate
- SK = Shaft cover (K = Black)
- DB = Dark Blue (Color of Balltop)
There are additional designations related to the JLF family:
- 8YT = Four Microswitches on one base with flat mounting plate
- 8S = Four Microswitches on one base with bump plate (S-Plate)
- TPRG = Microswitch PCB using Omron D2-RVG family of microswitches.
- -R = Red Balltop
- -Y = Yellow Balltop
- -B = Blue Balltop
- -VI = Violet Balltop
- -O = Orange Balltop
- -P = Pink Balltop
- -DB = Dark Blue Balltop
- -VER = Vermillion Balltop
- -G = Green Balltop
- -W = White
- -K - Black Balltop
- -DH = Dark Hai (gray)
Interested in knowing more about Sanwa's parts? Click here to view their latest catalog.